Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Cookin'


It's been a while since I've updated this thing. I've been going through a blogging identity crisis, but I think things are okay now...hopefully. I planning to expand the blog into my daily cooking, not just special occasion meals. I'm thinking that these more "routine" meal postings will focus on how I cook for myself, family, and friends most of the time: focusing on in season, affordable ingredients. They might not be complete recipes...but you'll at least have something to look at and read. All 4 of you blog followers you. (Follow on Google Connect on the right hand side of the blog Please!)

Anyways, here's some BBQ shots from this weekend...


Smoking rig for Pork butt (Chili flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper) and some figs that were used in a kale, mozzarella, and pickled onion salad.


Ran out of propane, so I switched to this snazzy new fire pit, using a repurposed oven rack as a grill. Finishing of the pork butt. Added some pork belly, oysters, and corn.


Oysters, you either love em or hate em. These are those huge west coast oysters that are really only good for cooking.


"Oooh so this is fire?"


Everything together: BBQ'ed corn, oysters, smoked pork butt, smoked pork belly (glazed with mirin, soy, and fish sauce) and grilled 20-25 shrimp with orange, lemon, garlic, and olive oil. Oh and Beer. Never forget the Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment